The bin packing problem (in its version BPP-1) is the task to assign items with defined weights to a minimal number of bins each of which has the same maximal weight limit. It is a special case of SALBP-1 without precedence restrictions.
The following links provide relevant resources like data sets and codes:
- Bin Packing Data Sets by Scholl et al. (1997)
- Original pascal code of BISON by Scholl et al. (1997) – note that the executable does not work on modern computers and needs recompilation
- BPPLIB by Delorme et al. (2018)
- OR Library – Bin Packing by Beasley
- ESICUP – Special Interest Group on Cutting and Packing
Scholl, A.; Klein, R.; Jürgens, C. (1997): BISON: a fast hybrid procedure for exactly solving the one-dimensional bin packing problem. Computers & Operations Research 24, 627-645.
Delorme, M.; Iori, M.; Martello, S. (2018): BPPLIB: A library for bin packing and cutting stock problems. Optimization Letters 12/2, 235-250.